The links below will help you find important information related to your work on the projects. For general health information about the topic of death and dying see the Merck Manual Website at:
Project #1 – Information and Support through the Dying Process
- Go to the Medline Plus website: http://medlineplus.gov/. In the search box, type: death and dying.
- How family and friends can help: Go to the Mayo Clinic website: http://www.mayoclinic.com/ In the search box, type making your loved one comfortable. On the next page, click on that link.
- Dying Person’s Guide to Dying can be found at http://www.hospicenet.org/.
- Grief: Go to the Helpguide website: http://www.helpguide.org/. Click on Grief and Loss. Read the introduction, and then click on the links to Coping with Loss and Helping/Supporting someone who is grieving. (For advanced readers)
Project #2 – Ending with Hospice
Project #3 – Write a Poem, Song, or Letter to Someone Who Is Dying
Project #4 – What Can I Say?
- Go to Merck http://www.merck.com/. In the search box, type Time Course of Dying. On the next page, click on Time Course of Dying. On the next page, move down the page and look for the box titled Communicating with a Dying Person.
- Go to Eldercare Online http://www.ec-online.net/ Click Search and type in How to support the dying process.
- Go to http://www.hospicenet.org Click on How to Be a Supportive Caregiver.
- Use a search engine. In the search box, type How to talk with a dying person.
After you finish your project
evaluate your work.